FIA executive director, Mrs. Ana Groza, being the coordinator of the third Working Group to the Economic Council to the Prime-minister (Consiliul Economic pe lângă Prim-ministrul RM) “Attracting and maintaining private investments”, participated on December 4, at the extended meeting of the Council, being chaired by Mr. Ion Chicu, the Prime-minister of the Republic of Moldova.
The main priorities of the WG for 2020 are the following:
– Revision and amendments to the legal framework regarding the trade based on patents, to improve the concept “independent activity”;
– Continuing discussions with public authorities for a proper implementation of the Law no. 28/2016 on access to properties;
– Exclusion of the 2.5% fee (luxury tax) paid by telecom companies in the Republican Fund of Population;
– Amending the legal framework in order to access digital signatures of trusted providers from the EU (which are compliant with the EIDAS Directive), thus they will be able to start and conduct business in Moldova;
– Approving the normative framework on food waste, which could regulate the role of all food sector participants in preventing food waste and the mechanisms for sending food products to beneficiaries free of charge or for a small fee;
In addition, at Mrs. Groza request, another two topics were included on the WG Agenda:
– De-monopolization of radiotherapy services, in order to allow more providers to offer such services to oncological patients;
– Development and adoption of an e-Health Strategy in consultation with public and private healthcare providers, experts, development partners, and civil society organizations, that will improve governance and management of healthcare sector funds and to ensure better allocation of financial resources by drafting and collecting data for performance and quality indicators of healthcare providers, etc.