On May 8th, FIA Vice -President, Mr. Gokce Yanasmayan and the Executive Director, Mrs. Ana Groza, participated to a meeting convened at the initiative of the President of the Republic of Moldova, Mr. Igor Dodon, in order to discuss the challenges of foreign investors in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, and to present concrete measures to remedy the situation.
FIA representatives came up with the following proposals & measures, as follows:
– Exclusion of price monitoring.
– Support to HoReCa sector, through qualified assistance in relaunching the activity, but also the possibility to adjust the VAT to 10%.
– Elimination of restrictions imposed on the population regarding access to medical services in private hospitals and permission to re-activate their activity; contracting a larger volume of services from private hospitals, within the Compulsory Health Insurance.
– Support to local drug manufacturers and review the regulatory framework to bring it in line with European standards and best practices.
– Establishment of a moratorium on state controls, for 12 months, after the end of the emergency situation.
– Continuation of measures to support the business environment, in order to prevent mass layoffs and the bankruptcy of some companies; the possibility of redirecting the amount of 2775 lei, provided as unemployment benefit, to certain categories of economic agents, in order to pay the employees’ salaries.
– Revision of the portability tax (telecom industry), being a fixed tax, in the sense of reducing the tax burden, in proportion to the reduction of revenues.
– Reform of Judicial system, according to the proposals included in the White Book, 2019, Chapter “Justice System”.