Regular informal meetings to ensure an open dialogue with members of the Government and to identify priorities for further joint collaboration
Today, FIA members met in an informal atmosphere with Mr. Serghei Pușcuța, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Finance, being accompanied by Mr. Dorel Noroc, Stare Secretary within the same ministry.
During the meeting, FIA members shared their views and proposals on the development of the Fiscal and Customs Policy for 2021, including:
– establishing excise duties for a period of at least 3 years, in order to ensure the principle of fiscal predictability;
– the exclusion of the 2.5% tax paid in the Republican Population Support Fund by telecommunications companies, as well as the establishment of license fees and MNP fees in national currency;
– capping local taxes and duties, in order to avoid situations of exaggeration of the imposed quotas;
– improving the cash flow position of agricultural producers, by applying a reduced single VAT rate, for the purchase of fertilizers and deliveries of agricultural production;
– revision, with a view to reduction, of VAT for the HoReCa sector, and others.
The participants also discussed the provisions of the draft of the New Customs Code, the amendments initiated to the Catalog of Fixed Assets, the stage of implementation of electronic monitoring of sales, as well as other topics related to the competence of the Ministry of Finance.
FIA members took the opportunity to present the proposals included in the 2019 White Book, expressing the hope that they will be found in the Fiscal and Customs Policy for 2021. The Minister expressed his openness to the private sector and to the topics discussed. In his turn, FIA President appreciated that on most topics, both parties have the same vision and found a common vision, but also assured that the Association’s experts will provide the necessary support for the elaboration, expertise and implementation of the above proposals.