On November 14th, within the Working Group on Stimulating and Maintaining Private Investments of the Economic Council to the PM, chaired by FIA executive director, was officially presented a thorough analysis on “The economic impact of the Foreign Direct Investments in Moldova”, elaborated by the German Economic Team. The report reveals a significant impact of FDI on the Moldovan economy.
As a result, were outlined the main findings, such as:
- Companies with FDI account for 15% of employment,
- Companies with foreign capital are responsible for 23% of production,
- Output per employee in companies with FDI is 71% higher than domestic average,
- Companies with foreign capital pay on average higher wages,
- Strong contribution to the state budget,
- Strong contribution to exports.