On 5th of July, FIA Chairman, Mr. Ridha Tekaia, FIA Board Member, Ms. Olga Schiopu and the FIA Executive Director, Ms. Elena Varta had a meeting with the Prime Minister, Pavel Filip.
FIA expressed its general perception linked to Moldova’s investment climate and country’s economic situation, as well as its opinion regarding Government’s lately initiatives.
The Association pointed out the main priorities in its view:
- the rule of Law,
- better infrastructure,
- fair and predictable taxation policy,
- modernized labor relations etc,
- the specific actions that the Government could undertake to improve the investment climate, such as:
- measures to diminish the massive population emigration,
- creation of social packages for employees,
- facultative pension funds,
- education system reform,
- modernization of the Labor Code and amendments that would balance the trade unions and employers interests,
- possible fiscal facilities for investors etc.
As regarding Economic Council activity, FIA representatives underlined the necessity to create the 3rd WG that would focus on the issues faced by the investors and ways to improve the investment climate, foreign direct investments (FDI) being the element that could trigger the country’s economic development, diminish the emigration and could create new jobs.
Mr. Ridha Tekaia underlined the importance of an agreement with IMF and mentioned that FIA would continue to support the Government in attempts to stabilize the financial, economic and social situation of the country and that the members of the association will continue to support the implementation of the reforms oriented to the creation of a better business climate.